Dance Limerick offers supported residencies to professional dance artists and choreographers to research and develop work in the beautiful surroundings of St. John’s church dance space and studio throughout 2024. The residency aims to support research, experimentation, practice development and/or creation of work. Residencies are open to national and international dance artists in all dance genres and at any stage of their career. The residency is for a one or two week period. It supports individual artists or a team of up to 4 artists/collaborators.
Please note: three week residency proposals are welcome but are less available than the 2 week slots. Information as to the request for a three week research period should be outlined in the application.
How to Apply
APPLY HERE via Google Form
DOWNLOAD, COMPLETE and SEND VIA EMAIL to email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Thursday 28 September 2023 at 5 pm
You must include:
- A short CV
- 2 max links to recent works.
- Answers to all questions
(Applications without the above included will be deemed ineligible.)
What the Residency Provides
Dance Limerick will provide:
- Two weeks in our large studio space from 10am-5pm Monday – Friday. (Alternative access schedule may be accommodated. Please indicate your need in the application)
- Accommodation for up to 4 artists/collaborators in studio apartments or artist friendly houses.
- A contribution of €75 per week, per artist, toward living costs – payable to the lead applicant
- Vouched receipted travel stipend up to a maximum of €200 per residency – payable to the lead applicant
- Residency and artist info hosted on our website, social media and e-newsletter
- Peer feedback / mentoring as required.
- Opportunities for professional development, relationships building through interaction with the local dance community
Purpose of the Residency
As examples, the residencies may be for the following purpose(s):
- Time and space for your dance practice research, development and experimentation
- Taking an already developed idea to the next stage
- Time and space to develop collaborative relationships
- Rehearsal / production time toward presenting new work
- Time to engage with a local community in Limerick towards future project proposals.
Who is the Residency for
The residency is open to:
- Professional dance artists, choreographers and companies
- National and international dance artists, choreographers and companies
- All dance genres
- All career stages
- Funded or unfunded projects and ideas.
Dance Limerick has a particular interest in receiving applications from artists who will:
- Engage with the local artists (through class/ conversations/ workshops/ performances)
- Share their work through a proposed engagement eg. work-in-progress showing or discussions with local peers.
- Cultivate connection with Dance Limerick for future work presentations or collaborations.
Criteria for selection
The selection is competitive and artists are selected on the basis of who we think can make the best use of the facilities available and who will have a positive impact on the local dance community.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- A close fit with the purpose and offer of the Residency
- A proven track record in making and presenting dance work
- The ways in which the residency will contribute to the artist’s development and to his/her work
- A demonstrated financial capacity to undertake the residency on the basis of what Dance Limerick can offer.
- Feasibility, particularly within the context of the Artist’s and Dance Limerick’s budgets
- Proposals will be assessed on the basis of the above criteria by a selection panel to include Dance Limerick staff and independent dance artists.
Dance Limerick requests
We ask resident artists to:
- Offer a class/ workshop and/or sharing of process at least once during the residency.
- Contribute information and news for our website and social media channels.
- Included the Dance Limerick logo on all future publicity materials relating to the work resulting from the residency
- Share you feedback and suggestions for our future residency opportunities
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, need support or have access requirements we need to meet to support you in making your application. We look forward to hearing from you.