Who we are:
Name: Dance Limerick
Address: 1-2 John’s Square, Limerick
Contact: email@example.com / 061 400 994
Data Protection Officer: Emer Casey
Where do we process personal data:
Dance Limerick stores and process personal data in Ireland only.
Purpose of the processing:
Dance Limerick processes personal data for the following purpose(s)*: *(this is a non-exhaustive list)
- Client administration
- Direct Marketing
- Photography and video documentation (for promotion & marketing online and in print) • Provision of goods or services
- Legal obligations
- Employee administration
The legal basis for this processing is (select as appropriate):
- Legitimate interests (class participants, partners, audience, artists, suppliers)
- Performance of a contract including possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data • Legal obligation, including possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest
3rd Data Sharing:
Data is not shared with 3rd party organisations or outside of Ireland.
Data Retention period:
Data stored online via Dance Limerick’s mailing list using Mailchimp will be retained for a period of 2 years before the data subject will being given the option of having their data retained beyond this period or deleted. Names, emails, phone numbers, addresses and young people’s names and DOBS are be stored in this manner / location. Data stored on the Dance Limerick shared network (cloud) via excel sheets and staff email accounts (which includes all the data mentioned above) will also be stored for a maximum of 2 years before being deleted if not being of legitimate interest.
You have the following rights in respect to the personal data that Dance Limerick holds on to. Please contact us at the address above to exercise any of these rights:
- The right to be informed You have the right to receive “fair processing information”.
- The right of access You have the right to obtain:
- Confirmation of your personal data being processed • Access to a copy of your personal data
- And any other supplementary information
- The right to rectification You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure (includes withdrawal of consent) You have the right to have your personal data erased, in the following circumstances:
- You withdraw consent
- The personal data has to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected
- Where you object to the processing and there is no superseding legitimate requirement to continue the processing
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of “information society services” to a child
- The right to restrict processing You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data
- The right to data portability You have the right to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object You have the right to object to:
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling You the right not to be subject to a decision when:
- It is based on automated processing.
- It produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on the data subject.
The right to complain:
If you feel that Dance Limerick has not fulfilled its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC).
The DPC offers guidance on how to make a complaint here:
Automated decision making, including profiling:
Dance Limerick does not use any automated decision making or profiling