Do you enjoy dancing? Would you like to try something new? Come join The High Kicks of Limerick, an ensemble of dancers aged 50+ led by Kristyn Fontanella. Learn new moves and enjoy a social dance, the emphasis with these classes is on wellbeing and having fun. These classes will help improve mobility, posture, co-ordination and energy levels. No upper age limit and no experience necessary. All abilities and all people are welcome.
Free taster class on Thursday 14 January, pre-booking essential, classes are normally €5.
If you would like more information on our ongoing Over 50s Dance Project, or if you would like to receive a link to our Zoom tutorial please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Info before joining the class:
- Please book your place at least 2hrs prior to the start of class. You will receive a link to the class no more than 1hr prior to it beginning.
- You will need a Computer/Tablet/Phone with internet access for Zoom – placed on a table/chair at eye level. We recommend a laptop or computer if possible as it means you will see the other participants as well as the teacher.
- Please have a a clear floor area – free of movable furniture and all other hard objects.
- The best floor surfaces are carpet, lino or wood, dancing on ceramic kitchen tiles or concrete is to be avoided please!
- Please note it is the responsibility of participants to ensure you have a suitable and safe space to move during the class.
Through a combination of performance platforms, residency opportunities, master classes, talks and lectures, Dance Limerick will advocate for artistic dialogue and exchange. In collaboration with dance artists across a range of practices, Dance Limerick will promote the creation of new and innovative work and will devise programmes of access, engagement and participation for the wider public.
Based at the premises of the former Daghdha Dance Company, Dance Limerick houses offices and a fully equipped studio space along with a separate performance venue known as the Daghda Space
Further information about facilities and opportunities for professional dance artists available from Jenny Traynor at