Dance Limerick: Short-Term Residencies 2019
Professional dance artists and ensembles are invited to submit proposals for projects to be researched and/or developed in 2019 at the studio, or the performance space, depending on the nature of the project. Residencies are open to national and international dance artists in all genres for a period of two weeks.
The Residency aims to provide:
- professional dance artists with space and support for research, experimentation, practice development and/or performance of new work
- the local professional dance community with opportunities for professional development
The selection is competitive and artists will be selected on the basis of who we think can make the best use of the facilities available and who will have a positive impact on the local dance community.
Dance Limerick also has a particular interest in receiving applications from artists who wish to:
a) premiere new work at Dance Limerick at the end of their residency
b) engage local artists (through talks/ workshops/ performances or in the initiating new collaborative work with communities of place or interest)
As part of each Residency, we encourage artists to share their work either through a work-in-progress showing or through debate/discussion with invited peers.
About our Residencies
Residencies may be for the following purpose(s)
1. Exploration, research, development and experimentation or
2. Taking an already developed idea to the next stage or
3. Rehearsal / production weeks toward premiering new work at Dance Limerick
What Dance Limerick can provide
• 2 weeks studio time
• Accommodation provided for up to 4 artists/collaborators in studio apartments or artist-friendly houses.
• A contribution of €150 per artist toward living costs – payable to the lead Applicant
• Residency listing in our printed and on-line newsletter
• Peer feedback / mentoring if required.
In return, Dance Limerick requests the following:
• That resident artists deliver a company class, at least once each week during residency period
• Interaction with the local dance community through sharing of work or a talk about your work
• That you contribute a news item for our website
• That the Dance Limerick logo be included on all future publicity materials relating to the work resulting from your residency
• Your feedback and suggestions for future residency opportunities
Criteria for selection
Applicants should demonstrate:
• A close fit with the aims of the Residency
• A proven track record in making and presenting dance work
• A focus on new work that will be interesting / relevant within a local context and to local artists
• The ways in which the residency will contribute to the artist’s development and to his/her work
• A financial capacity to undertake the residency on the basis of what Dance Limerick can offer.
• Feasibility, particularly within the context of the Artist’s and Dance Limerick's budgets
NB Dance Limerick can put the Residency artist in contact with local dance artists if the residency research/work depends on the input of other artists. In such instances, the Residency Artist should be in a position to provide a small fee or stipend for the local artist.
Proposals will be assessed on the basis of the above criteria by a selection panel.
Applications should be made on the accompanying application form and emailed to email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday 8 June 2018
Through a combination of performance platforms, residency opportunities, master classes, talks and lectures, Dance Limerick will advocate for artistic dialogue and exchange. In collaboration with dance artists across a range of practices, Dance Limerick will promote the creation of new and innovative work and will devise programmes of access, engagement and participation for the wider public.
Based at the premises of the former Daghdha Dance Company, Dance Limerick houses offices and a fully equipped studio space along with a separate performance venue known as the Daghda Space
Further information about facilities and opportunities for professional dance artists available from Jenny Traynor at