Update 21/10/2020: Under Level 5 restrictions Dance Limerick, will close to the public from Thursday 22 October for a period of 6 weeks.
Dance Limerick will reopen to the public in Autumn 2020. We have implemented health and safety procedures in line with government and HSE Covid-19 guidelines to ensure the wellbeing of our audiences, class participants, artists and staff.
Please read these updates carefully when booking a class or performance at Dance Limerick:
- Temperature checks are taken as audience, class participants, staff and artists enter the buildings.
- There are hand disinfectant dispensers located at the front door or each building.
- Capacity in both venues has been reduced significantly with social distancing of 2m in place in shared spaces (foyer, studio etc.) and 1m in our seated venue (please note this is lessened when plexiglass screens are in use between seats).
- Dance Limerick staff will wear a mask or face covering.
- Performance audience members are also required to wear a mask or face covering when in the foyer of the studio building and during performances in our church building.
- Class participants have the option of wearing a mask or face covering when in the studio.
- All areas and surfaces in our Studio and Church venues are regularly sanitised throughout the day.
- Audience, class participants, performers and staff are advised to stay at home and contact their GP if they are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
Updates to Dance Limerick’s Booking Process:
- When you book your ticket we collect your name and email address for contact tracing. Before you get to the venue we will send you a simple online safety screening form that must be filled in prior to your arrival. For weekly classes a form will need to be filled in on the morning of each class, this can be done on any phone, tablet or laptop.
- Performance tickets are purchased unallocated, a Dance Limerick staff member will show you seats before the show.
- We will operate a No Cash policy going forward, all classes and performance must be booked online.
- All performances and classes must be pre-booked, no walks ups permitted.
- Please phone box office on 061 400 994 / email email@example.com, if you wish to book a wheelchair space.
Good practice you can undertake to promote a healthy environment:
The below recommendations are in line with Government and HSE guidelines:
- Wear a mask indoors and when social distancing is not possible.
- Keep a safe distance from others.
- If you or a member of your party has a temperature or is feeling unwell, please visit us another time.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water.
- Please keep your party together, especially if there are children in your group, to help maintain social distancing.
- Please cough or sneeze into your elbow.
Through a combination of performance platforms, residency opportunities, master classes, talks and lectures, Dance Limerick will advocate for artistic dialogue and exchange. In collaboration with dance artists across a range of practices, Dance Limerick will promote the creation of new and innovative work and will devise programmes of access, engagement and participation for the wider public.
Based at the premises of the former Daghdha Dance Company, Dance Limerick houses offices and a fully equipped studio space along with a separate performance venue known as the Daghda Space
Further information about facilities and opportunities for professional dance artists available from Jenny Traynor at