As part of this year's Step Up dance project we’re delighted to invite you to join Rivca Rubin in three UPwording & Coaching sessions. Rivca's coaching techniques challenge, encourage and support you to identify what you really want, and explore what you can and are prepared to do to achieve it.
The session are suitable for artists across all mediums and are free of charge. Pre-registration and attendance of all three dates are essential.
About the sessions
Taking an UPwording Coaching Approach assisting ourselves and each other when communicating, exploring, learning, planning, preparing, performing, we shift the way we think and speak from limiting, hindering, and sometimes inflammatory to libratory and motivating.
As much of the way we speak is habitual, the practice of UPwording starts with raising awareness of the underpinning concepts, intentions, and positions taken, implied in habitual words and phrases, and from here make active language choices to align our language with our intentions.
Words change Worlds
yours mine ours
About Rivca Rubin
Rivca Rubin assists people to live the lives they want to live, artists to ascertain their vision, locate the essence and refine their practice, companies to refine their vision, grow purpose, align practice to values, and create working cultures people engage with, flourish and enjoy working in.
Read more about Rivca HERE.
What is Make & Move? Make & Move will provide eight emerging choreographers with a two-week intensive in choreographic practice at Dance Limerick*, Aug 31-Sept 11, 2020.
The participants will be mentored by choreographer and Catherine Young, who will encourage critical engagement with personal practice from a theoretical and physical perspective.
This opportunity aims to:
- Allow a space for reflection on and development of each participant’s unique artistic voice.
- Focus on giving the participants new knowledge from outside experts of the practicalities of working as an independent choreographer.
- Push the participants’ artistic boundaries.
- Physically explore new work ideas
- Encourage new connections.
Accommodation in Limerick is included and a stipend of €150
How to apply:
- Fill out the attached application form.
- Submit by email the application form, an online example of one work produced to date, and your CV to email@example.com, before the closing date with the subject line ‘APPLICANT NAME - Make and Move Application 2020’.
- The applicant must have confirmed their availability for the entire period (Aug 31-Sept 11), and completed the online application form in full for their application to be considered.
The call closes on 24 July 2020. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 4 August. If you have any further questions, contact Dance Limerick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Through a combination of performance platforms, residency opportunities, master classes, talks and lectures, Dance Limerick will advocate for artistic dialogue and exchange. In collaboration with dance artists across a range of practices, Dance Limerick will promote the creation of new and innovative work and will devise programmes of access, engagement and participation for the wider public.
Based at the premises of the former Daghdha Dance Company, Dance Limerick houses offices and a fully equipped studio space along with a separate performance venue known as the Daghda Space
Further information about facilities and opportunities for professional dance artists available from Jenny Traynor at